Par Mrs Menenteau le 6 Janvier 2016 à 10:52
First, you talked about your stereotypical vision of the American man.
Then, you defined what a stereotype is. You completed your definition thanks to the text below:
Here is your complete definition:
- Lesson: Definition of a stereotype
- Apprendre le vocabulaire nouveau
- Prove the stereotype about obese Americans is wrong using precise elements / facts on the websites below:
Par Mrs Menenteau le 5 Janvier 2016 à 13:38
Today, you first draw your representation of the American man and you presented it in front of the class.
Here is what you said:
- Lesson: What is your vision of the stereotypical American man?
- Define the word stereotype.
Par Mrs Menenteau le 17 Décembre 2015 à 14:03
Today the last groups presented their ads and you voted for the most efficient one.
Then, you did the correction of the final test. Hope it helped!
A few remarks for future tests:
- ALL the answers are in the text
- Quotes: if you don't understand the syntax of the sentence, copy the whole sentence and underline the key words.
Here is the correction:
Examples of campaigns:
- 'Friends don't let firends drive drunk' targets the firends of drunk people. It intends to make friends prevent their drunk friends from driving. It was efficient because 70% if friends were convinced by the ad.
- The soap campaign targets Ghanaians in order to make them wash their hands more regularly. It works because 41% more people washed their hands after the campaign.
- 'I love NY' targets businesses and industries. It intends to promote the city of NY.
Adevrtising is used to:
- to sensitize people
- to recruit people
- to attract donations
- to promote activities
Advertising is a weapon because it influences people, it changes people's attitudes.
Par Mrs Menenteau le 15 Décembre 2015 à 15:48
Today, you presented your final tasks to the class.
Here is the listening activity:
- Listen to the presentations and check if they are complete- Use the grid to take notes:
- Ask questions to complete your grid.
- Which ad is the most efficient? Why?