Par Mrs Menenteau le 5 Janvier 2016 à 14:59
Today, you corrected your oral comprehension test.
Here is the correction:
Children between 5 and 10 years old and teachers died in a school shooting. Teachers helped to fulfil the kid's dreams, so they were devoted. Kids were too young to die : indeed, they had their entire lives ahead: weddings,graduations and birthdays. Unfortunately, kids who survived lost their innocence / the survivors' innocence was destroyed / was torn away.Their parents are lucky/blessed because their kids are at home tonight. American's heart is broken for families of casualties and survivors. Barack obama doesn't speak as a president but as a parent: he's moved by the numerous tragedies.
Written by Quentin
- Envoyer la présentation avant minuit!
- Final Task demain!!
Par Mrs Menenteau le 16 Décembre 2015 à 20:57
Today, you did your oral comprehension test, hope you did well!
Then, you prepared your oral presentation from the following questioning: Are gun regulations strict enough?
- TEST VOCABULAIRE SUR TOUT LE CHAPITRE
- Envoyer le fichier audio de la présentation orale: 5 minutes max
FINAL TASK LETTER
- Revoir la méthodologie à la lettre
- Revoir le DM + Correction
- Relire le dernier texte
Par Mrs Menenteau le 16 Décembre 2015 à 20:52
Today, you started with the recap: Antoine and Arnaud gave a self-defense class.
Then, you drew your conclusions about the document:
Here are documents / videos about school shootings:
* Virginia Tech Massacre
* Columbine High School Shooting
* Sandy Hook Elementary School
You also worked on your oral presentation for the bac:
- Prepare the presentation (parts / arguments / examples)
- FINAL TEST CO
Par Mrs Menenteau le 10 Décembre 2015 à 13:20
Today, you started studying the last document of the unit thanks to the picture below:
Then, you checked your suppositions in the text:
Here is what you understood:
Thanks to a self defense training, we can learn how to disarm/ to neutralize a shooter who is wearing a helmet and a bullet-proof vest and bearing a fake gun.
This training permits to learn different techniques :
- we can use objects as weapons: for example scissors, a stapler.
- we can learn how to grab/ hold the barrel of a gun and point it away.
- we can find a blind spot to catch the attacker from behind.
- we can learn how to use yours hands/ elbows/ knees/ feet as weapons.
- we can escape / hide / fight.
-we can anticipate an attack.
Written by Houda
Here are documents related to today's lesson (click on the picture below to watch the video and read the article):
- Lesson: You are teaching a self-defense class: what are the self-defense techniques to protect yourself form an armed attacker? (pair work: one is speaking and one is showing the correct gestures)
Par Mrs Menenteau le 8 Décembre 2015 à 19:41
Today, you first told the woman's story. You concluded on the document, focusing on her tone: she was moved and determined.
Then, you worked on intonation: you identified the correct intonation for each sentence and picked the corresponding words / expressions (when possible):
You also corrected your letter:
- Final Test CO: 16/12
- Revoir les règles et objectifs de relecture
Suivre le flux RSS des articles de cette rubrique
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires de cette rubrique